Author: chronologicaldot

Progress Report #11

A number of little updates have been applied to the Copper interpreter and documentation this week including better type identification and string-related methods.

Continue reading “Progress Report #11”

Advertisements

Progress Report #10 – Filling in Gaps

New changes this week in Copper fill in some of the gaps that show up when trying to use Copper for real-world projects. The first of these is the indication of the support of multiple interfaces, which solves the dilemma of distinguishing between polymorphic objects turned into Copper objects. The second is the addition of a system function that enables the sharing of user-created function bodies.

In other notes, the string_map extension received a bug fix for not correctly returning when “exit” was called in the middle of the callback function it was given.

Continue reading “Progress Report #10 – Filling in Gaps”

Progress Report #9

After some critical debugging of the recently changed runFunctionObject() (used for callbacks), I decided to add a new boolean function in the spirit of doing things fast and efficiently: xall(). This function is the equivalent of any(all(…), nall(…)) where “…” represents the same arguments. Using xall() is much less error prone (since you only need to type the argument names once) and much faster because it’s all on the C++ side.

In other news…

Continue reading “Progress Report #9”

log(improvements)

log(improvements)

One of the features I had been meaning to get around to for some time was improvements to the logging. The original system had one enum value per error. It gets quite tedious pretty quickly when you have to write out redundant messages with only a single word changed. Since it would be nice to have the messages be localized (i.e. translated into different languages), I used an enum, but obviously, I needed to shorten the process.

The result of my long evening of work was a rewrite of part of the logging system that resulting in an easily extensible interface for which I created pretty print logging (which you can see in the feature image of this post).

Continue reading “log(improvements)”