Tag: debugging

log(improvements)

log(improvements)

One of the features I had been meaning to get around to for some time was improvements to the logging. The original system had one enum value per error. It gets quite tedious pretty quickly when you have to write out redundant messages with only a single word changed. Since it would be nice to have the messages be localized (i.e. translated into different languages), I used an enum, but obviously, I needed to shorten the process.

The result of my long evening of work was a rewrite of part of the logging system that resulting in an easily extensible interface for which I created pretty print logging (which you can see in the feature image of this post).

Continue reading “log(improvements)”

Advertisements

Progress Report #7

Back at it again, this time I’ve made some important bug fixes that have laid hidden since branch Cheetah. Uh oh. Sometimes a bug can be simply reference counting too much, in which case, we call it a memory leak. The major issue, however, was a parsing bug that duplicated variable address names. Hard to believe I missed something as important as that, but it required a certain state of the parser, so I don’t feel quite as bad about missing it. In any case, those are done.

Continue reading “Progress Report #7”